This cinnamon latte only requires 4 ingredients and is so easy to make. It is so warm and frothy, you’ll never know it doesn’t have any processed sugar or dairy!
I take my morning coffee routine very seriously. On the days I work, I quickly froth some almond milk (or skip the frothing if I’m running late) and add it to a big to-go cup on my way out the door before work. But on my off days, I take an extra step to add honey and cinnamon to make a cinnamon latte to enjoy while I relax.
There is something so comforting about a big ol’ cup of a creamy latte to start your morning. Besides the obvious perks (pun intended, get it?) of the coffee to wake up and get going, the warmth and creaminess is so soothing and relaxing. Just the smell of it puts me in a better mood! Furthermore, the ingredients in this latte are great for your health!
You could go to Starbucks and get yourself a latte that is 80% dairy milk, 15% sugar, and 5% coffee (I’m pretty sure those are accurate ratios), but why spend $6 on such garbage when you can make one yourself for just as easy as swiping your credit card and for much less expensive!!
I like to use Elmhurst’s unsweetened almond milk which contains just two ingredients (almonds & water), but any type of almond milk would work. You could even make your own but I’m lazy and don’t have time for that. I recommend purchasing an unsweetened almond milk so that you can control the amount of sugar or to completely omit sugar if desired. If you use a unsweetened almond milk and omit the honey, this latte is whole30-approved!
- Almonds: One ounce contains ~6g protein, ~6g carbs (3 of which are fiber!), and 14g of fat. The fat is primarily monounsaturated fat which has many heart health and cognitive function benefits. Almonds also contain vitamins & minerals, such as vitamin E and magnesium, and tons of antioxidants.
- Cinnamon: Besides being delicious, it has been shown to help regulate glucose metabolism and may have some benefits in reducing blood sugar in those with diabetes. However, the dose required to see these effects is upwards of 1 gram, which is A LOT more than we will be adding to our cinnamon lattes. But did I mention its delicious?
- Coffee: Improves energy levels (obviously) but can potentially also improve mood, help burn fat, and is thought to be associated with reduced risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s or dementia, and certain types of cancer. It also contains vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B, manganese, potassium, and magnesium. Finally something we love that is ALSO good for you!
- Honey: Make sure to buy high quality, pure honey from a local source. In this case, honey can contain antioxidants and is unprocessed unlike most other forms of sugar.
Paleo Cinnamon Latte
- 3/4 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Add honey to hot coffee and stir to incorporate the honey.
- In a separate cup, combine the almond milk and cinnamon. Froth using a hand-held frother for 5-10 seconds or until almond milk has doubled in size.
- Pour the frothed almond milk in the coffee.
- Sprink cinnamon on top.
By the way, if you want to receive monthly paleo recipes to your email inbox, drop me your email address below! Don’t worry, your information is safe with me.