Yummmmmmm! These pulled pork enchiladas verdes are SO EASY to make and SO DELICIOUS! They satisfied all of my Mexican food cravings and made a perfect meal prep that lasted all week.
Brace yourselves. Yes, this recipe does call for tortillas. No one freak out! Thankfully, there are almond flour and cassava flour-based versions of tortillas that are grain-free and made with whole foods! Siete Foods makes a great paleo tortilla if your local store carries them. Otherwise, this would be a great time to utilize that good ol’ 80/20 rule of Paleo and just use a normal tortilla.
If you’re opting to use non-Paleo tortillas, check the freezer section at your grocery store. My store carries frozen sprouted grain tortillas made by Food for Life. They do contain non-paleo ingredients (like wheat, soybeans, lentils, etc.) but check a lot of other boxes that are important to me — I know what all of the ingredients are, the list of ingredients is small, no artificial ingredients, organic, etc. I’m not the tortilla police, but I do think this is a better option than most generic ones!
Enough about the tortillas! Even though these enchiladas look super fancy, they actually only require a few ingredients and minimal prep time. Throw them in the oven and in 30 minutes you’ve got yourself dinner and lunch for the rest of the week!
I made these for dinner for Luke and I on Sunday night and I ate the leftovers for lunch Monday through Thursday. Luke loved them (Ding ding! Husband approved!) and they held up really well as left-overs. Seriously, these are a must try!
One last note. I LOVE the pre-cooked pulled pork from Sam’s Club. Besides the obvious plus that it’s pre-cooked, it doesn’t contain any weird ingredients and whole30 compliant. It is a huge package (2 lbs!), so I often buy it to eat on all week. So if you’re like me and too lazy to make your own, do yourself a favor and make a Sam’s Club trip!
Hope you enjoy these paleo pulled pork enchiladas verdes as much as we did!
Pulled Pork Enchilada Verdes
- 2 lbs pulled pork
- 8 paleo tortillas
- 16 oz tomatillo salsa
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 purple onion, diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cooking fat of choice
- Optional toppings: cilantro, jalapeno, pickled onions, lime
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray an 8×10 baking dish with olive oil to prevent enchiladas from sticking.
- Heat 1 tsp cooking fat in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and zucchini. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pulled pork and taco seasoning to the saute pan. Stir and continue to cook for an additional minute and until all ingredients are well combined.
- Prepare the enchiladas by laying a tortilla flat. Scoop some of the pulled pork filling onto the tortilla. Roll the tortilla and place it into the baking dish with the seam side down. Continue to do this for all 8 tortillas.
- Pour the entire jar of tomatillo salsa over the enchiladas and spread around ensuring it covers all of the enchiladas.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the enchiladas from the oven. Remove the foil and retun to the oven to make for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with optional toppings and enjoy!
By the way, if you want to receive monthly paleo recipes to your email inbox, drop your email address below!