Ground meat is a super easy go-to option for meal prep but it can get mundane. If you’re sick of flavorless ground beef or turkey, try these lamb burgers. Not only are the extremely easy but they’re bursting with flavor!
I made these for my work lunch meal prep and paired with a greek-style salad. However, these would also be great in burger format with lettuce, tomato, onion, & mayo on top of a sweet potato or portobello bun.
Not a huge fan of lamb? Try it with ground chicken or turkey. If using one of these options I would suggest adding an egg to help the meat stay together. Add an extra dash of salt as well for amped up flavor.
Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Lamb Burgers
- 1 lb high quality ground lamb look for free range, organic
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/3 cup re-hydrated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Allow meat to come to room temperature.
- Stack basil leaves, one on top of another. Roll. Finely slice.
- Bring some water (~1 cup) to a boil. Remove from heat. Add in sun-dried tomatoes and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Remove sun-dried tomatoes from water. Pat dry. Chop into small pieces.
- Add the basil, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper to a bowl with the ground lamb. Mix well with your hands.
- Form into 4 equal sized patties.
- Place a skillet on medium high heat. Add the olive oil. Then add the burgers.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 160F. Flip halfway through.