This burger casserole is easy to throw together and makes enough for all week. It is packed with protein, veggies, and healthy fats and is reminiscent of a backyard grilled burger.
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1 cup chopped romain lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chipotle mayo
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375*F.
Following your Instant Pot's instructions, pressure cook the spaghetti squash for 4-6 minutes. (*See notes below for instructions to cook in the oven.)
While the spaghetti squash cooks, saute 2 lbs ground beef for about 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
Add bone broth, nutritional yeast, and salt.
Cook for another 2 minutes or until most liquid is gone.
Spray casserole dish with oil. Create a flat, packed layer of spaghetti squash on bottom. Salt & pepper the squash. Spoon ground beef on top of the spaghetti squash, then sliced tomato. Bake at 375*F for about 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Top with sliced avocado and chopped romaine. Drizzle with chipotle mayo.
Instructions to cook the spaghetti squash in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake open side up for 40-60 minutes, depending on the size of the squash, until easily shredded with a fork.
- Tips for cutting the squash: Use a sharp knife! Cut off the ends of the squash so that you can stand it up and create a flat surface. This will keep the squash from rolling around while you cut. Cut lengthwise in half to create a larger surface area exposed to the heat.